Illustrated Guide to Home Biology Experiments by Barbara Fritchmann Thompson, Robert Bruce Thompson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience the magic of biology in your own home lab. This hands-on introduction includes dozens of educational (and fun) experiments that let you explore this fascinating field on your own. Perfect for middle- and high-school students and DIY enthusiasts, this full-color guide teaches you the basics of biology lab work and shows you how to set up a safe lab at home. The Illustrated Guide to Home Biology Experiments is written with the needs of home-schoolers firmly in mind, as well as those of adults who are eager to explore the science of nature as a life-long hobby. * Investigate the chemistry of life from simple acids, bases, and buffers to complex carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, enzymes, and DNA * Explore photosynthesis, fermentation, osmosis, nitrogen fixation, and other life processes * Observe populations and ecosystems and do air and water pollution tests * Investigate genetics and inheritance * Do hands-on microbiology, from simple culturing to micro-evolution of bacteria by forced selection * Gain the hands-on experience you need to pass the AP Biology exam * And much, much more Through their company, The Home Scientist, LLC, the authors also offer inexpensive custom kits that provide specialized equipment and supplies you'll need to complete the experiments. Add a microscope and some common household items and you're good to go.
- Author BiographyRobert Bruce Thompson is a coauthor of Building the Perfect PC, Astronomy Hacks, and the Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders. Thompson built his first computer in 1976 from discrete chips. It had 256 bytes of memory, used toggle switches and LEDs for I/O, ran at less than 1MHz, and had no operating system. Since then, he has bought, built, upgraded, and repaired hundreds of PCs for himself, employers, customers, friends, and clients. Robert spends most clear, moonless nights outdoors with his 10-inch Dobsonian reflector telescope, and is currently designing a larger, computerized, truss-tube Dobsonian that he plans to build. Barbara Fritchman Thompson is, with her husband Robert, the co-author of numerous books about computers, science, and technology. With her Masters in Library Science and twenty years' experience as a public librarian, Barbara is the research half of our writing team.
- Author(s)Barbara Fritchmann Thompson,Robert Bruce Thompson
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content NoteFull colour insert
- Weight853 g
- Width203 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.