All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMALVINA BERTONATI is a chef and owner of a traditional Italian restaurant Da Malvina in one of the most popular seaside tourist destinations: Bonassola, right next to the famous Cinque Terre in Liguria, Italy. She has been cooking with passion for the last 40 years and she received a national award for her tasty, healthy and traditional cuisine. She was knighted for her services to the industry. ALINKA RUTKOWSKA just happened to pass by and fall in love with Malivna's cuisine. She was always very curious about what was going on in the restaurant kitchen but what she heard from Malvina most often was fuori dalla mia cucina!, meaning get out of my kitchen!. She obeyed until once she decided that even a complete cooking analphabetic like herself could at least try to replicate the masterpieces being created in Malvina's kitchen. With a pen, paper, camera and Malvina's blessing she compiled the amazing recipes and over 300 photographs into this book.
- Author BiographyMALVINA BERTONATI is a self-taught Chef who has been running her restaurant, Da Malvina for 40 years, which makes it the oldest restaurant in Bonassola, a village situated right next to the famous Cinque Terre in Liguria, Italy. Bonassola is a beautiful little pearl of the Liguria region visited by guests who value their privacy. In 1988 Malvina received a national award for her tasty, healthy and traditional cuisine. She was complimented on her use of fresh, natural, biological and seasonal ingredients. In 1999 she was knighted for her services to the industry. Malvina is a rather reserved person, her restaurant and her cuisine are her life purpose. In the past her main goal was to raise her three children and take care of her mother. Now Malvina can dedicate all her time towards her passion together with her eldest daughter Barbara who is responsible for customer service. Malvina spends in her kitchen between 8 and 16 hours a day where apart from cooking for her clients she produces jams, marinated vegetables and liquors with fruit and herbs she cultivates in her garden and then uses as desserts, digestives and also to make appetizers. When Malvina is done in the kitchen, she takes off her apron, puts on her pearl neckless and greets her guests. Her relationship with her clients has always been extraordinary. The majority of her most loyal customers have become her dearest friends. ALINKA RUTKOWSKA is a writer and entrepreneur who discovered Bonassola during her trip around the world and fell in love with Malvina's cuisine. It wasn't easy to get into Malvina's kitchen. At first when Alinka was curious to see how the extraordinary Chef would prepare her delicacies, she would be kicked out of the kitchen with a Fuori dalla mia cucina! meaning Get out of my kitchen! Alinka however decided that she could not leave Bonassola without being able to replicate Malvina's amazing creations and with pen, paper and camera she documented everything. Alinka writes positive attitude / travel / coloring books for children known as the Maya & Filippo Series. She is the best-selling author of the first subliminal self-growth book Read Me - I Am Magical and runs several websites and blogs. For more information go to www.mayafilippo.com or www.babyweb.co where you can get Alinka's books, follow her blogs and check out her exotic travels as well as new business ventures.
- Author(s)Alinka Rutkowska,Malvina Bertonati
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.91Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.