All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a society where we discuss sex openly, the most embarrassing secret is to admit that you can t make it happen. I m Coming is a hilarious and provocative vel about why women fake it. Ever since her sexual debut, Julie has faked orgasms. One day she decides she's had eugh and locks herself in the bedroom with food, baby oil, and Mr. Rabbit a vibrator with a thirty-day orgasm guarantee. Lying in bed she reviews her sexual history: boyfriends, casual lovers, and, t least, the man she married. Meanwhile, her husband and their three children stomp around outside her bedroom, along with the sexually well-functioning Ukrainian au pair, all of them wondering why Julie isn't coming. I m Coming is a delectable comedy about society's expectations of women and women's expectations of themselves. Aaro writes deftly about sexuality, identity, and the media s portrayal of what constitutes rmal.
- Author BiographySelma Lonning Aaro is a newspaper columnist for Dagbladet and Klassekampen in Norway. Her first novel, The Final Story, won the Cappelen Prize for Best Debut Novel in 1995, and is the imaginative tale of a young woman's erotic adventures. She has since written six novels for adults and two books for children. Her works have been translated into Danish, Dutch, Polish, and Turkish.
- Author(s)Selma Lonning Aaro
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.41
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.01
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.