All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDepression is so common that it has been described as 'the common cold of psychiatry'. It is particularly difficult for Christians - there is often a feeling that Christians 'shouldn't' get depressed, and that it and anxiety are the result of a poor or damaged relationship with God. I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE THIS is an empowering and practical response to such common feelings. In the style of a workbook, with constant reference to the Bible, and the example of Jesus, it helps the reader to understand why they feel the way they do, and to draw on God's love and grace to find a path through depression and anxiety. The authors are all Christians, and experienced counsellors and psychiatrists.
- Author BiographyChris Williams is Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry at the University of Glasgow, and author of five previous books including OVERCOMING DEPRESSION - a non-religious equivalent of this book published by Arnold. Ingrid Whitton is a consultant psychiatrist in Leeds. Paul Richards is Pastor of Lister Hill Baptist Church, Leeds, and an expert in pastoral care.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Williams,Ingrid Whitton,Paul Richards
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication18/04/2002
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.