All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI'm supposed to be made of sugar and spice and all things nice. But I'm sweet and sour and t a little flower. I am a girl! I am a girl! I am a girl! The girl in this book likes to win, she likes to be spontaneous, fast and strong, and because she also likes to dress in t-shirt and shorts, she is forever getting mistaken for a boy. And when she meets a boy who likes wearing princess dresses and playing dolls, they both quickly discover that they share interests that are wide and varied. I am a Girl! is a wonderful celebration of being who we are and t being pigeon-holed or restricted by gender stereotypes. Most of all it is full of energy and laugh-out-loud funny. Who says that pink is for girls and blue is for boys?
- Author BiographyYasmeen Ismail is an exciting new talent in the world of picture books. Her artwork and characters are both charming and unique. She studied at art school in Dublin and has worked on a wide range of illustration and animation projects. Yasmeen has a great eye for colour, detail and composition. Her first book, Time for Bed, Fred! won the V&A Book Illustration Award and was shortlisted for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize. Yasmeen is Irish and now lives in London. http://www.yasmeenismail.co.uk @YasmeenMay
- Author(s)Yasmeen Ismail
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date26/11/2015
- Weight425 g
- Width300 mm
- Height237 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.