Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis IMA Volume in Mathematics and its Applications IMAGE MODELS (AND THEIR SPEECH MODEL COUSINS) is based on the proceedings of a workshop that was an integral part of the 1993-94 IMA program on Emerging Applications of Probability. We thank Stephen E. Levinson and Larry Shepp for organizing the workshop and for editing the proceedings. We also take this opportunity to thank the National Science Foundation, the Army Research Office, and the National Security Agency, whose financial support made the workshop possible. A vner Friedman Willard Miller, Jr. v PREFACE This volume is an attempt to explore the interface between two diverse areas of applied mathematics that are both customers of the maximum likelihood methodology: emission tomography (on the one hand) and hid- den Markov models as an approach to speech understanding (on the other hand). There are other areas where maximum likelihood is used, some of which are represented in this volume: parsing of text (Jelinek), microstruc- ture of materials (Ji), and DNA sequencing (Nelson). Most of the partici- pants were in the main areas of speech or emission density reconstruction. Of course, there are many other areas where maximum likelihood is used that are t represented here.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/1996
- Series TitleThe IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 80
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight488 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLawrence Shepp,Stephen Levinson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.