All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionCovering image processing from basics to advanced applications, you can learn how to master image processing and compression with this outstanding state of the art reference. From fundamentals to sophisticated applications, Image Processing: Principles and Applications covers multiple topics and provides a fresh perspective on future directions and invations in the field, including: Image transformation techniques, including wavelet transformation and developments; Image enhancement and restoration, including ise modeling and filtering; Segmentation schemes, and classification and recognition of objects ;Texture and shape analysis techniques; Fuzzy set theoretical approaches in image processing, neural networks, etc.; Content based image retrieval and image mining; Biomedical image analysis and interpretation, including biometric algorithms such as face recognition and signature verification; Remotely sensed images and their applications; Principles and applications of dynamic scene analysis and moving object detection and tracking; Fundamentals of image compression, including the JPEG standard and the new JPEG2000 standard. Additional features include problems and solutions with each chapter to help you apply the theory and techniques, as well as bibliographies for researching specialized topics. With its extensive use of examples and illustrative figures, this is a superior title for students and practitioners in computer science, wireless and multimedia communications, and engineering.
- Author BiographyTINKU ACHARYA, PhD, is Chief Technology Officer, Avisere, Inc., Tucson, Arizona. Dr. Acharya is also Adjunct Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University. He is the inventor of ninety-seven awarded U.S. and European patents and coauthor of Data Mining: Multimedia, Soft Computing, and Bioinformatics (Wiley), Information Technology, and JPEG2000 Standard for Image Compression: Concepts, Algorithms, and VLSI Architectures (Wiley). AJOY K. RAY, PhD, is Senior Corporate Research Scientist, Avisere, Inc., Arizona, and a Professor of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. A distinguished teacher with twenty-five years of experience, Professor Ray has coauthored two other books, Advanced Microprocessors and Peripherals and Information Technology: Principles and Applications. In addition, he has published extensively in international journals.
- Author(s)Ajoy K. Ray,Tinku Acharya
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight733 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.