All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionImage and video signals require large transmission bandwidth and storage, leading to high costs. The data must be compressed without a loss or with a small loss of quality. Thus, efficient image and video compression algorithms play a significant role in the storage and transmission of data. Image and Video Compression: Fundamentals, Techniques, and Applications explains the major techniques for image and video compression and demonstrates their practical implementation using MATLAB(R) programs. Designed for students, researchers, and practicing engineers, the book presents both basic principles and real practical applications. In an accessible way, the book covers basic schemes for image and video compression, including lossless techniques and wavelet- and vector quantization-based image compression and digital video compression. The MATLAB programs enable readers to gain hands-on experience with the techniques. The authors provide quality metrics used to evaluate the performance of the compression algorithms. They also introduce the modern technique of compressed sensing, which retains the most important part of the signal while it is being sensed.
- Author(s)Kalyani R. Joshi,Madhuri A. Joshi,Mehul S. Raval,Shilpa P. Metkar,Yogesh H. Dandawate
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note89 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.