All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning and teaching are faced with radically new challenges in today's rapidly changing world and its deeply transformed communicational environment. We are living in an era of images. Contemporary visual techlogy - film, video, interactive digital media - is promoting but also demanding a new approach to education: the age of visual learning has begun. This is especially true for tertiary-level education, for it is here that, on the one hand, teachers for the entire school system are trained, and on the other hand, education and research meet. Visual learning is t merely an option, it is a necessary correlate of the way in which science and scholarship today develop.
- Author BiographyAndras Benedek is Professor and Head of the Department of Technical Education at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. He has published several papers on human resource development issues. Kristof Nyiri is Professor of Philosophy at the same Department. His main fields of research are the philosophy of images and the philosophy of time.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- Series TitleVisual Learning
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note24, 24 coloured fig., num. s/w fig., tables
- Weight380 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAndras Benedek,J. C. Nyiri
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.