All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first study which examines the images of Asian American women as presented by prominent Asian American women writers such as Maxine Hong Kingston, Amy Tan, Monica Sone, Mary Paik Lee, Wakao Yamauchi, Hisaye Yamamoto, Yoshiko Uchida, Jade Sw Wong, Kim Ronyoung, Ruthanne Lum McCunn, and Kathy Wong. By creating new images of mothers, daughters, children, wives, madwomen, prostitutes and pariahs, these writers have written their stories as a way of self-confirmation and a way to correct their stereotypical images. From these images we discover new meaning and assign new significance to Asian American women.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Esther Mikyung Ghymn has a Master of Arts in teaching from the University of Pittsburgh. She received her Ph.D. in English and American literature from the University of Nevada, Reno where she currently teaches. Dr. Ghymn is listed in Who's Who in Education (Cambridge, England). She also published The Shapes and Styles of Asian American Prose Fiction with Peter Lang in 1992.
- Author(s)Esther Mikyung Ghymn
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMany Voices Ethnic Literatures of the Americas
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.