All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Morgan...has given us both a retrospect on the development of views of organizations, and a prospect on how organizations and their development may be viewed w and in the future. To help the reader, Morgan provides, in the final chapter, the evidence and theory base for his views...a powerful stimulus for critical examination of organizations, their development and structural management. Educational psychologists with an interest in the influence of organizations...and t already familiar with it, will find this book very accessible and helpful in formulating views of how their current 'pet' organization might be viewed' - Educational Psychology in Practice Images of Organization has already established itself as a classic that has influenced management thinking throughout the world. This New Edition takes Gareth Morgan's achievement one step further, providing a rich and comprehensive resource for exploring the complexity of modern organizations. In this monumental work, leading-edge theory is translated into leading-edge practice. The New Edition carefully preserves the qualities and strengths of the original, while delivering new insights on today's managerial challenges.Morgan shows managers how to view their organizations by using his rewned creative images and metaphors. In a sequence of path-breaking chapters, he demonstrates how to mobilize the insights of different metaphors: to manage and design organizations in new ways; to develop vel understandings of the relationships between organization and environment; to create learning organizations with the intelligence of a living brain; to explore the intricacies of corporate culture and politics of organizational life; to understand the unconscious dimensions of organization; to translate the implications of the new science of chaos and complexity into practical management strategies; and to confront and deal with the negative impacts that organizations often have on society and the natural world. No other management book covers so much ground while developing the implications for management with such force.
- Author BiographyGareth Morgan is well known for his creative contributions to management. He is the author of seven books, including Images of Organization, Creative Organization Theory, Imaginization and Riding the Waves of Change. He acts as consultant and seminar leader to numerous organizations throughout Europe and North America, and is Distinguished Research Professor at York University in Toronto. He has sat on the editorial boards of the Academy of Management, and Organization Studies; and is a Life Fellow of the International Academy of Management. Born in Wales, he now lives in Toronto with his wife, Karen and their children Evan and Heather.
- Author(s)Professor Gareth Morgan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/1997
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date22/02/2010
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.