All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $27.92Free postage
- AU $27.94Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionBelieve in magic, trust your intuition and find your individual artistic style! In this book, you're the storyteller and the artist and you're on a quest to bring the soulful characters, mythical creatures and magical landscapes of your imagination to life through mixed-media art. You'll tap into your creative voice to fuse together lush dreamscapes, imaginary characters and found objects to build enchanting scenes, whimsical figures and expressive faces out of layers of acrylic, collage, watercolor and more. Learn the techniques necessary to create one-of-a-kind mixed-media masterpieces. On your journey, you'll discover: * Five skills to uncover your unique creative voice.* A magical drawing method. Easily find your characters' bodies and faces hidden in random shapes on painted backgrounds; it's like seeing animals in the clouds.* Imaginative warm-up exercises. Learn tips for creating a character reference library, secrets for drawing unusual faces, how to develop a color palette and advice on how to play with proportion, light and shading.* More than 30 exciting mixed-media projects using watercolor, vintage photographs, gouache, pencil, fabric, ink and much more to bring your imaginary characters to life on everything from woodblocks and paintings to fabric collages and paper dolls.* How to paint without a plan. Trust your intuition to create something out of thing.* Inspirational quotes about creativity from famous artists and thinkers.Embrace your curiosity and see what happens!
- Author BiographyKaren O'Brien is a retired registered nurse, a self-taught mixed-media art maker and teacher, and a pathfinder. Her art evolves from unplanned marks and accidents that inform the next decision. Karen has been making art using fabric, paper and paint, for nearly twenty years. Her art has been featured in each of the first two editions of Incite as well as Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals (Quarry 2012) and several magazines including Somerset Studio, Art Journaling and Art Doll Quarterly. Karen's work is featured at Gallery One in Grants Pass, Oregon where she currently resides.
- Author(s)Karen O'Brien
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPopular Woodworking Books
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Most relevant reviews
- tytori31 Mar, 2016by
I'm loving this book. It's full of beautiful illustrations that have tantalised my art buds 😊. Loving it.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.