All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe archeological and source-critical research of ancient history in the 19th century confronted its aesthetic realization with a general problem: literary and visual art imaginations cant igre the scientific findings yet the fragmentary evidence of the past can only be given a voice by means of aesthetic forms of organization. Whereas it is t unusual for poetic and visual art works to become storage media for archeological kwledge, the historiographical conveyance of Antiquity often feeds on the strategies of representation specific to literature and painting.
- Author BiographyErnst Osterkamp, Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin; Thorsten Valk, Klassik Stiftung Weimar und Friedrich-Schiller-Universitat Jena.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleKlassik Und Moderne
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Edited byErnst Osterkamp,Thorsten Valk
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.