Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $69.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLONGLISTED FOR THE 2016 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD and ANDREW CARNEGIE MEDAL FOR EXCELLENCE IN FICTION KIRKUS PRIZE FINALIST Haslett is one of the country's most talented writers, equipped with a sixth sense for characterization. --Wall Street Journal Ambitious and stirring . . . With Imagine Me Gone, Haslett has reached ather level. --New York Times Book ReviewNew York Times Book Review Editors' Choice Best Books of 2016 So Far -- Time and Refinery29 From a Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist, a ferociously intimate story of a family facing the ultimate question: how far will we go to save the people we love the most? When Margaret's fiance, John, is hospitalized for depression in 1960s London, she faces a choice: carry on with their plans despite what she w kws of his condition, or back away from the suffering it may bring her. She decides to marry him. Imagine Me Gone is the unforgettable story of what unfolds from this act of love and faith. At the heart of it is their eldest son, Michael, a brilliant, anxious music fanatic who makes sense of the world through parody. Over the span of decades, his younger siblings -- the savvy and responsible Celia and the ambitious and tightly controlled Alec -- struggle along with their mother to care for Michael's increasingly troubled and precarious existence. Told in alternating points of view by all five members of the family, this searing, gut-wrenching, and yet frequently hilarious vel brings alive with remarkable depth and poignancy the love of a mother for her children, the often inescapable devotion siblings feel toward one ather, and the legacy of a father's pain in the life of a family. With his striking emotional precision and lively, inventive language, Adam Haslett has given us something rare: a vel with the power to change how we see the most important people in our lives.
- Author BiographyAdam Haslett is the author of the short story collection You Are Not a Stranger Here, which was a Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist, and the novel Union Atlantic, winner of the Lambda Literary Award and shortlisted for the Commonwealth Prize. His books have been translated into eighteen languages, and he has received the Berlin Prize from the American Academy in Berlin, the PEN/Malamud Award, and fellowships from the Guggenheim and Rockefeller Foundations. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Adam Haslett
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $64.76New
- AU $52.05Used
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The Complete Box Set of All 7 Books by George R. R. Martin (Paperback, 2012)
- AU $52.89New
- AU $47.08Used
- AU $15.93New
- AU $7.98Used
- AU $16.42New
- AU $18.17New
- AU $15.81New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $24.46
- AU $24.34Trending at AU $25.98
- AU $33.77Trending at AU $35.62
- AU $18.40Trending at AU $28.24
- AU $22.50Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.