All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionImaging Desire, Mary Kelly's long-awaited collection of writings from 1976 to 1995, asks fundamental questions about the analysis of current practices in art and makes rigorous arguments for a criticism informed by semiotics, psychoanalysis, and feminism. Few artists have made such a strong contribution to critical discourse and art as Mary Kelly, who for more than twenty years has pushed the boundaries of the visual, the textual, the sexual, and the political in her writing and her art.Imaging Desire contains all the seminal texts and reveals crucial points of intersection between written and visual expression in a career kwn for its intertextual, interdiscursive features. Here the visible, the oral, the gestural, and the readable continually converge to frame questions about the body in ways that redefine its cultural and visual status, and to explore the relation between images and desire.
- Author(s)Mary Kelly
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/1998
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleWriting Art
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note67
- Weight726 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.