Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionImaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer evaluates the scientific evidence for the evolving trend to treat low to intermediate risk, clinically localized prostate cancer in a focally ablative manner with vel gland-preserving, focal therapy methods. Various ablative devices such as high intensity focused ultrasound, irreversible electroporation, photodynamic therapy, cryotherapy and laser ablation, among others, are discussed in regard to their strengths and limitations as a therapeutic modality. Emphasis is placed on tumor stage shift towards early stage disease with an increase in unilateral versus bilateral cancers validated by final pathology assessment of large prostatectomy series. Current and new approaches to image cancer foci within the prostate (3-Dimensional contrast-enhanced transrectal ultrasography, multiparametric magnetic resonance image with spectroscopy, ETC) are presented along with biopsy techniques to map prostate cancer. Patient selection, treatment strategy, outcomes and safety concerns that may provide acceptable cancer control and improved quality of life for patients are all covered in detail. Written by experts in the field and lavishly illustrated with detailed line-art and photographs, Imaging and Focal Therapy of Early Prostate Cancer is a resourceful volume beneficial to practitioners specializing in the treatment and management of prostate cancer.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Polascik MD FACS Department of Surgery, Duke Cancer Institute, Durham, NC, USA
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Clinical Urology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 82 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1038 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byThomas J. Polascik
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.