All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis study surveys a wide range of writings and ideas out of Africa by people of African descent on the various ways in which insiders and outsiders , self and otherness have been imagined and defined from African perspectives. Attention is focused on identity issues regarding Africa, Panafricanism, American Black culture, Negritude and Black Consciousness, as well as on whiteness and otherness, black versus white cultures and gender matters in a racialized context. Some theoretical issues in the academic debate on insiders and intercultural dialogue are also discussed, with examples from various disciplines. Five interviews with leading writers conclude the book.
- Author(s)Mineke Schipper
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/07/1999
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleLiterature, Culture & Identity S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight419 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.