Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionImmigrants, Schooling and Social Mobility confronts a central issue in the study of immigration and ethnicity - the opposition between culture and structure - and presents a collection of essays that transcend simplistic either/or approaches to this issue. The contributors explore educational and ecomic mobility of immigrant groups in Europe and America.
- Author BiographyHANS VERMEULEN is co-Director of Research at the Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies, University of Amsterdam. He has been an assistant expert of UNESCO in Athens and Associate Professor at the Departments of Anthropology of the Universities of Utrecht and Amsterdam. He has published extensively on migration and ethnicity. His most recent publication is The Politics of Ethnic Consciousness (co-edited with C.Govers, 1997). JOEL PERLMANN is Senior Scholar at the Jerome Levy Economics Institute of Bard College, and Levy Institute Research Professor. He is the author of Ethnic Differences: Schooling and Social Structure Among the Irish, Italians, Jews, and Blacks in an American City, 1880-1935.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/09/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight345 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byHans Vermeulem,Joel Perlmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.