All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn Immigrants on the Hill, Gary Mormi traces the Hill's evolution from its roots in Lombardy and Sicily to contemporary times, focusing upon those institutions that have sustained and nurtured the community. He reveals how, in work, play, religion, politics, and even bootlegging, Hill Italian-Americans have consistently encouraged ethnic pride, working-class solidarity, and family hor. His study, w with a new preface, shows why this ethnic enclave has garnered national attention.
- Author BiographyGary Ross Mormino is Duckwall Professor of History at the University of South Florida. He is the author of numerous books, including The Immigrant World of Ybor City: Italians and Their Latin Neighbors.
- Author(s)Gary R. Mormino
- PublisherUniversity of Missouri Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMissouri
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Missouri Press
- Content Note25 illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.