CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionImmigration and American History was first published in 1961. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.Ten scholars ted for their studies in immigration history contribute essays to this volume. Dr. Commager surveys the course of immigration studies over the years. Oscar Handlin reappraises the role of immigration in American life. Ingrid Semmingsen, Norwegian historian, writes on the image of American in Europe. Philip D. Jordan focuses on the immigrant's view of America. John T. Flanagan discusses the immigrant in fiction. Carlton C. Qualey contributes two essays. In the first he surveys world population movements and in the second he suggests new source materials for immigration studies. Henry A. Pochmann discusses the migration of ideas what ideas have come into America, from where, and to what end? Franklin D. Scott inquires into the value of immigration studies of nationality groups. The Reverend Colman J. Barry explores possibilities for future immigration studies. Theodore C. Blegen takes a backward glance and a forward look at immigration studies. The volume is based on the papers given at a conference held at the University of Minnesota in hor of Dr. Blegen on his retirement from the university.
- Author BiographyHenry Steele Commager (October 25, 1902 March 2, 1998) was an American historian who wrote (or edited) over forty books and over 700 journalistic essays and reviews.
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication20/07/1961
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleMinnesota Archive Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight249 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byProfessor of History Henry Steele Commager
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.