All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnzymes and whole cells are able to catalyze the most complex chemical processes under the most benign experimental and environmental conditions. In this way, enzymes and cells could be excellent catalysts for a much more sustainable chemical industry. However, enzymes and cells also have some limitations for nbiological applications: fine chemistry, food chemistry, analysis, therapeutics, and so on. Enzymes and cells may be unstable, difficult to handle under nconventional conditions, poorly selective toward synthetic substrates, and so forth. From this point of view, the transformation-from the laboratory to industry-of chemical processes catalyzed by enzymes and cells may be one of the most complex and exciting goals in biotechlogy. For many industrial applications, enzymes and cells have to be immobilized, via very simple and cost-effective protocols, in order to be re-used over very long periods of time. From this point of view, immobilization, simplicity, and stabilization have to be strongly related concepts. Over the last 30 years, a number of protocols for the immobilization of cells and enzymes have been reported in scientific literature. However, only very few protocols are simple and useful eugh to greatly improve the functional properties of enzymes and cells, activity, stability, selectivity, and related properties.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/03/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Biotechnology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 22
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note217 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight824 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJose M. Guisan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2006
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.