CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is unique in providing pertinent information on the various established roles carbohydrate play in the immune system and how the innate and adaptive immune systems respond to this type of microbial antigens. The editors selected only topics that have established basic and clinical relevance to this field. The topics from basic research are organised like a textbook, in order to guide the readers through complex sets of events that lead to clearance of or to immune responses toward carbohydrate antigens. The book is clear, concise and contains fully antated summaries of the key basic and practical information on carbohydrate immulogy from current literature. These topics are written by investigators from various disciplines (chemistry, medicine, biochemistry, glycobiology and immulogy), creating a fine balance in the point of views presented in the book. It explores the challenges and rewards of understanding the importance of carbohydrates and glycoconjugates in health and disease, applying new kwledge from carbohydrate immulogy in improving or developing vel sugar-based therapeutics, and vaccines and medicines. This book is most suitable for glycobiologists and immulogists, but many researchers whose interests, background and expertise are in any of the fifteen topics presented in this book will also find it appealing. It is also a valuable resource for postgraduate students, clinicians or anyone else who is curious about the role of carbohydrates in immulogy, and would like to see the topics combined under one cover and in relation to each other.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMolecular Biology Intelligence Unit
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight728 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGemma Arsequell,Simon Wong
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.