All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis symposium series was estab1ished in 1976 for the purpose of bringing together, once every two or three years, active investigators in the forefront of contemporary immu1ogy, to present their findings, discuss their significance in the light of current concepts and identify important new directions of investigation. The founding of the symposium was stimu1ated by the achievement of major breakthroughs in the understanding of the immune recognition of proteins and peptides. We be1ieve that these breakthroughs will lead to the creation of a new generation of peptide reagents which shou1d have ermous potential in biologieal, therapeutic and basic app1ications. This anticipated explosion has since occurred and many app1ications of these peptides are w being rea1ized. The fifth symposium was devoted to the fie1d of vaccines against viral, bacteria1 and parasitic agents. Many important papers dealt with designs based on who1e partic1es, on subunits or enve10pe proteins, or on se1ected active regions of enve10pe proteins. To achieve an intelligent and effective design of a vaccine, it is crucia1 to kw a great deal about the immu1ogy of infection and about the mechanism of action of the intended vaccine. Therefore many important papers dea1ing with the details of the humoral and ce11u1ar immune responses against the infective agents were presented. How to manipu1ate the immune system, either to maximize a required antibody or T-ce11 response or to reduce its magnitude is often desired in the design of an immu1ogica1 defense strategy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note51 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight640 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byM. Zouhair Atassi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.