Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionAntibodies tagged with fuorescent markers have been used in histochemistry for over 50 years. Although early applications were focused on the detection of microbial antigens in tissues, the use of immucytochemical methods w has spread to include the det- tion of a wide array of antigens including proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids from virtually any organism. Today, immuhistochemistry is widely used to identify, in situ, various components of cells and tissues in both rmal and pathological conditions. The method gains its strength from the extremely sensitive interaction of a specifc antibody with its antigen. For some scientifc areas, books have been published on applications of immu- cytochemical techniques specifc to that area. What distinguished Immucytochemical Methods and Protocols from earlier books when it was frst published was its broad appeal to investigators across all disciplines, including those in both research and clinical settings. The methods and protocols p- sented in the frst edition were designed to be general in their application; the accompa- ing Notes provided the reader with invaluable assistance in adapting or troubleshooting the protocols. These strengths continued to hold true for the second edition and again for the third edition. Since the publication of the frst edition, the application of immu- tochemical techniques in the clinical laboratory has continued to rise and this third edition provides methods that are applicable to basic research as well as to the clinical laboratory.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/12/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 588
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight963 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byConstance Oliver,Maria Celia Jamur
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.