All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA mograph in German, el,Litled Allergie und allergische Erkrankungen, edited by the late Edmund Rajka, Corresponding Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, was published in 1959. The second edition, revised and completed according to contemporary advances in allergology and immulogy, was pub- lished in Russian seven years later, in 1966. Both volumes dealt with the theore- tical and clinical aspects of allergology and allergic diseases on the basis of the information emerging from fundamental immulogical research. - Demand for an English version of the mograph was realized immediately after the second edition. Advances in the discipline of molecular biology, accu- mulating immulogical kwledge and changes in outlook had by then affected the entire view of clinical medicine. Allergology, recently also kwn as clinical immulogy as it provides clues to practically all branches of clinical medicine, has ceased to be the chosen field of specialists. A kwledge in this field is w an essential prerequisite of modern clinical practice and research. It was in view of these facts that the compilation of this volume was begun; unfortunately, having already done the greater part of the work, Professor Rajka died suddenly. Regrettably, he did t live to see the publication of this book, to the editing of which he devoted so much time and energy. Thus his co-workers undertook the task of completion in the spirit of his instructions and with all due respect to his scientific legacy.
- Author(s)E. Rajka
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleImmunological Aspects of Allergy and Allergic Diseases
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight554 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.