All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis text offers the essential and basic ideas of immulogy as a quick reference for students, practitioners, and veterinary technicians. Although concise, the book is comprehensive and a kwledge of its contents will assure the reader a relatively thorough understanding of what is frequently a difficult subject. The book covers all of the basics of immulogy, including chapters on: the origin and function of hemopoietic and lymphopoietic cells; n-specific immunity; antigens; complement; cell receptors and cytokines associated with the immune response; specific immune responses; responses to bacteria, fungi, protozoa, helminths, and tumors. More advanced topics include: an examination of all four hypersensitivity reactions; autoimmunity; immune deficiency diseases; organ transplant and rejection; vaccination and immunization; and immudiagstic techniques. Additionally, the book offers end of chapter glossaries and a cumulative glossary as well as explanatory black and white illustrations.
- Author BiographyDr. Darla J. Wise, M.S. Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor of Biology at Concord College in Athens, WV, and is the Associate Editor of Proceedings of the West Virginia Academy of Science. Dr. Wise's research interest lies in the area of host-pathogen relationships. She has authored articles in the areas of immune responses, characterization of enzymes associated with host-pathogen relationships, and DNA-based methods of disease diagnosis.Gordon R. Carter, D.V.M., M.S., D.V.Sc., is a Professor Emeritus of the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology at the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg. Professor Carter has published many scientific papers and is the senior author f more that a dozen textbooks.
- Author(s)Darla J Wise,G R Carter
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations, glossaries
- Weight238 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.