All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eye and the ocular adnexa may give rise to over three hundred histologically different tumors - by far the largest tumor variety of the human body. However, the immulogical behavior of these tumors has only been explored in some cases, although it is well established that the eye is an immune-privileged site in which cells that express foreign antigens escape immune-mediated elimination. Human tumors also create an immune-privileged surrounding and thereby escape from anti-tumor immune responses. Highlighting aspects of ocular and general tumor, this text summarizes the role of the immune system and how tumor tissue can influence various parameters (T-cells, NK-cells, HLA-expression, apoptosis), leading to escape mechanisms used by the tumor. New therapeutic regimens urgently required by patients are also reviewed, and the immulogical behavior of skin melama is compared to choroidal melama, whilst basal cell carcima of the ocular lid is compared to those of the skin.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwets & Zeitlinger
- Weight657 g
- Edited byB. R. Ksander,M. Jager,Manfred Zierhut
- Format DetailsSewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.