All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a series of studies on the socio-ecomic impacts of tourism, with a special focus on the determinants of tourism competitiveness at the destination level. The authors offer a systematic overview of this important issue, presenting relevant empirical studies from different parts of the world, based on modern theoretical approaches and adequate analysis tools, in the context of their policy or managerial implications. The first part of the book discusses the analysis and assessment of quantitative tourism impacts on local ecomies, while the second part focuses on n-material aspects of tourism development, in particular those related to the role of invation and human resources. The final section highlights the different dynamics often observed in tourism destinations arising from the interaction between tourists and local communities.
- Author BiographyAlvaro Matias is professor of economics at Lusiada University. His research interests have been increasingly directed towards tourism over the last decade. He has published extensively in peer reviewed journals and books, while actively engaging in organizing research events in tourism related areas. Peter Nijkamp is professor of regional economics at the VU University in Amsterdam. He has a long standing career as a regional scientist with a broad interest in regional, urban, environmental and transportation issues. He has published numerous articles and books in all these fields. Joao Romao is a researcher at CEFAGE (University of Algarve, Faro) and professor at Lusiada University (Lisbon). His work combines academic research and consultancy for private and public organisations in the fields of tourism, regional analysis and urban planning.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, 5 colour tables, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlvaro Matias,Joao Romao,Professor Peter Nijkamp
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.