All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores legislation intended to protect the interests of people with disabilities or impairments. Considering a broad range of ethical and legal concerns which arise in issues of life, death and disability, it covers the social and legal responses to the equality rights of disabled people, focusing on those responses to: * the right to life * the end of life * assisted suicide. This work engages with contemporary debates, examines case studies and explores the problems surrounding many legal concepts within the context of disability and impairment. The authors argue that it is crucial to distinguish between unjust discrimination and differential treatment and unify the disagreements surrounding the issues by highlighting ethical ideals that should be shared by all stakeholders in life and death decisions that impact on people with disabilities. Topical and contemporary, this book is a perfect supplementary text for students of all levels and researchers working in the areas of law, applied ethics and disability theory.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sheila McLean has a worldwide reputation for her work in the study of medical ethics and law. She is the Director of the Institute of Law and Ethics in Medicine at the University of Glasgow. Dr Laura Williamson is a Researcher at the Institute of Law and Ethics in Medicine, University of Glasgow.
- Author(s)Laura Williamson,Professor Sheila A. M. McLean
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleBiomedical Law & Ethics Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUCL Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.