All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe genus Impatiens is ermous, comprising over a thousand species - many of which, although highly desirable, remain little kwn to Western gardeners. Ray Morgan examines Impatiens through a botanical lens, describing their physiology, morphology and seed dispersal mechanisms, then moves on to place impatiens in historical context. Perhaps most excitingly, the author highlights a selection of garden-worthy impatiens native to the world's widely diverse cultural habitats, describing over 200 species ranging from Madagascar to New Guinea hybrids. With over 160 color photos complementing the detailed plant descriptions, Impatiens is essential reading for curious-minded gardeners keen to unearth this fascinating and largely unexplored genus.
- Author BiographyRay Morgan is a retired nurseryman with a longstanding interest in Impatiens. In Britain he holds the National Plant Collection of the genus, and he has traveled southern India extensively researching and photographing them. He has written articles for such magazines as The Garden, The Plantsman, and Curtis's Botanical Magazine. Before working as a nurseryman, Ray spent 30 years as an industrial chemist, leaving to open a nursery concentrating mainly on shrub production. On retirement he centered all his horticultural interest in impatiens. During the next few years he made friends with many people in India, gaining additional knowledge about these plants. Ray lives with his wife in South Wales.
- Author(s)Raymond J. Morgan
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2007
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note162 color photos, 1 color painting, 1 b&w photo, 2 diagrams
- Weight735 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- gardeninglindy24 Nov, 2016by
The book arrived well packed and in good condition. The information is excellent. Highly useful book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.