Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror by Michael Scheuer (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough U.S. leaders try to convince the world of their success in fighting al Qaeda, one anymous member of the U.S. intelligence community would like to inform the public that we are, in fact, losing the war on terror. Further, until U.S. leaders recognize the errant path they have irresponsibly chosen, he says, our enemies will only grow stronger. According to the author, the greatest danger for Americans confronting the Islamist threat is to believe-at the urging of U.S. leaders-that Muslims attack us for what we are and what we think rather than for what we do. Blustering political rhetoric informs the public that the Islamists are offended by the Western world's democratic freedoms, civil liberties, inter-mingling of genders, and separation of church and state. However, although aspects of the modern world may offend conservative Muslims, Islamist leader has fomented jihad to destroy participatory democracy, for example, the national association of credit unions, or coed universities. Instead, a growing segment of the Islamic world strenuously disapproves of specific U.S. policies and their attendant military, political, and ecomic implications. Capitalizing on growing anti-U.S. animosity, Osama bin Laden's genius lies t simply in calling for jihad, but in articulating a consistent and convincing case that Islam is under attack by America. Al Qaeda's public statements condemn America's protection of corrupt Muslim regimes, unqualified support for Israel, the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, and a further litany of real-world grievances. Bin Laden's supporters thus identify their problem and believe their solution lies in war. Anymous contends they will go to any length, t to destroy our secular, democratic way of life, but to deter what they view as specific attacks on their lands, their communities, and their religion. Unless U.S. leaders recognize this fact and adjust their policies abroad accordingly, even moderate Muslims will join the bin Laden camp.
- Author BiographyAnonymous is a senior U.S. intelligence official with nearly two decades of experience in national security and terrorism issues. His previous book, Through Our Enemies' Eyes, has been widely cited as the best available resource on al Qaeda.
- Author(s)Michael Scheuer
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrassey's US
- Out-of-print date14/11/2014
- Content Noteb&w illus
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.