Imperial Japanese Navy Aircraft Carriers, 1921-45 by Mark Stille (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by agnesrarebooks
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Imperial Japanese Navy was a pioneer in naval aviation, having commissioned the world's first built-from-the-keel-up carrier, the 'Hosho'. Throughout the 1920s and 1930s, it experimented with its carriers, perfecting their design and construction. As result, by the time Japan entered World War 2 and attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor in 1941, it possessed a fantastically effective naval aviation force. Carriers would roam the Pacific with near impunity, destroying their opponents at will. This book covers the design, development and operation of IJN aircraft carriers built prior to and during World War 2. Pearl Harbor, Midway and the first carrier vs carrier battle, the battle of the Coral Sea, are all discussed.
- Author BiographyMark Stille is a retired commander in the US Navy, currently working in Naval Intelligence. He has had numerous war games published in the past, including some conceming Japanese Aircraft Carriers. Interested in the navy, in particular the Imperial Japanese Navy, for most of his life, he devotes much of his time to researching the IJN and the vessels they used. Tony Bryan is a freelance illustrator of many years' experience. He initially qualified in Engineering and worked for a number of years in Military Research and Development, and has a keen interest in military hardware - armor, small arms, aircraft and ships. Tony has produced many illustrations for partworks, magazines and books, including a number of titles for Osprey's New Vanguard series.
- Author(s)Mark Stille
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.109
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note52 illustrations, (7 colour )
- Weight168 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.