All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionHearing loss can vary in type ranging from conductive, mixed to sensorineural, as well as in degree from mild, moderate, severe to profound. There could also be multiple permutations and combinations like moderate mixed hearing loss or severe conductive hearing loss. In addition, the hearing loss could be unilateral or bilateral. While cochlear implants were devised for bilateral profound sensorineural hearing loss, various other devices have been invented for other types of hearing losses. Research continues to design a suitable implant which would amplify sound for patients who cant be candidates for cochlear implants.
- Author BiographyDr Gauri Mankekar is a senior ENT consultant at PD Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai, India. She was the recipient of Dr Homi Modi award for research on allergic rhinitis and Dr Dhaygude award for best essay on Psycho-socio conditions of youth in India .
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 62 colour illustrations, 13 colour tables, biography
- Weight340 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGauri Mankekar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.