All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the glorious first century of organised orthodontics has passed and we have entered the next century, the sheer pace of techlogical advancement is phemenal. If the history of all landmarks were to be drawn, the most recent would be the development of the Skeletal Anchorage System (SAS). Skeletal Anchorage System (SAS) involves the use of implants as a source of orthodontic anchorage. The pioneering studies on oral implants were done by Linkow in 1967, who is rightfully called the Father of Oral Implantology. Implants are fast gaining popularity, as their patient compliance expectation use is minimal. Anchorage can be both orthodontic as well as orthopedic. The orthopedic uses include maxillary expansion as well as maxillary protraction while orthodontic include intrusion, space closure and distalisation. Now, with the development of newer implants such as the micro-implants, their use has been revolutionised as these implants are small, easily placed as well as removed, and require a minimal healing period before loading. The future of implants in orthodontics is promising as product developments in terms of minimal patient discomfort and reduced treatment time are continually occurring. The Editor of this book explores the issues as well as other new developments and challenges in contemporary orthodontics.
- Author BiographyDr Devinder Preet Singh is a specialist Orthodontist in the field of dentistry working as a Senior Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics in Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India for the last seven odd years. During his tenure he has been blessed with the opportunity to be able to carry out various research works in his field, many of which have been published in reputed international and national journals of his speciality. He is a Fellow Member of many reputed national and international orthodontic bodies such as WFO, AAO, EOS, ADA, IOS, and IDA. He also had the opportunity to undertake important duties in the academic front such as Chairperson of Scientific Sessions / Member of Organising Committees / Sectional Secretary of the various conferences in the university. He has received numerous awards and recongnition for his work in his field such as the best paper award of Chandigarh Science Congress (CHASCON) 2012, PUTA Teachers Day Award 2013, Profile Of The Month Award for the month of May 2014 given by the IDA (Indian Dental Association) and the Highly Commendable Specialist Of The Year (Orthodontist) for the year 2014 organised by the FAMDENT India.
- Author(s)Devinder Preet
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.