Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionUntil the Amsterdam Treaty,law and policymaking in the field of immigration remained a national function, though in practice there was much co-operation (the so-called Third Pillar). Now these powers have been transferred to the European Community as First Pillar powers. Only Denmark, Ireland and the UK have opted out. This book looks at the likely effects of this substantial transfer of powers to the Community. How will the powers and responsibilities be divided? How should the powers be exercised? Will there be input from the public into policymaking? What role will Parliaments play? Will migrants suffer? The foremost scholars from many European countries try to answer these and other questions, offering a variety of legal and social viewpoints. Contributors: Pieter Boeles (Amsterdam and Leiden), Antje Weiner (Hanver), Cristina Gortazar (Madrid), Guy Goodwin-Gill (Oxford), Nicholas Blake QC (London), Johannes van der Klaauw (UNHCR Brussels), Jens Vedsted Hansen (Aahus), Elspeth Guild (Nijmegen and London), Kees Groenendijk (Nijmegen), Gisbert Brinkmann (Bonn), John Crowley (CERI, Paris), Deirdre Curtin (Utrecht), Roger Errera (Paris), Steve Peers (Essex), Carol Harlow (LSE), Gregor Noll (Lund).
- Author BiographyElspeth Guild is Professor of European Migration Law at the University of Nijmegen. is Reader in Law at University College London Carol Harlow QC,is Professor of Public Law at the LSE.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/02/2001
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCarol Harlow,Professor Elspeth Guild
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.