All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tutorial-based approach which will help you understand the practical methodologies and deploying of Cisco UCS components. If you are a professional such as a system, network, or storage administrator who is responsible for Cisco UCS deployments, this is the perfect book for you. You should have some basic kwledge of the server's architecture, network, and storage techlogies. Familiarity with virtualization techlogies is also recommended (though t necessary) as the majority of real-world UCS deployments run virtualized loads. Kwledge of Nexus OS is t necessary as the majority of the management tasks are handled in a graphical user interface with very few exceptions using the CLI.
- Author BiographyFarhan Ahmed Nadeem has been in the IT field for over 17 years. He has a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and holds a number of certifications including CCNP/CCNA DC, VCP, CISSP, CCA, and MCSE-EA. Starting with Microsoft certification MCSE-NT in 1997, he always stayed abreast with the latest technologies and server hardware through proactive learning and successful real-world deployments. He has extensive work experience in complex heterogeneous environments comprising various hardware platforms, operating systems, and applications. This exposure gave him broad knowledge in investigating, designing, implementing, and managing infrastructure solutions. He progressively started focusing on virtualization technologies and the Cisco UCS platform and has completed a number of successful UCS deployments with both VMware ESXi and Citrix XenServer hypervisors. When not working with computers, he enjoys spending time with his family. Prasenjit Sarkar (@stretchcloud) is a senior member of technical staff at VMware Service Provider Cloud R&D, where he provides architectural oversight and technical guidance for designing, implementing, and testing VMware's Cloud datacenters. He is an author, R&D guy, and a blogger focusing on virtualization, Cloud computing, storage, networking, and other enterprise technologies. He has more than 10 years of expert knowledge in R&D, professional services, alliances, solution engineering, consulting, and technical sales with expertise in architecting and deploying virtualization solutions and rolling out new technologies and solution initiatives. His primary focus is on VMware vSphere Infrastructure and Public Cloud using VMware vCloud Suite. His aim is to own the entire life cycle of a VMware based IaaS (SDDC), especially vSphere, vCloud Director, vShield Manager, and vCenter Operations. He was one of the VMware vExperts of 2012 and is well known for his acclaimed virtualization blog http://stretch-cloud.info. He holds certifications from VMware, Cisco, Citrix, Red Hat, Microsoft, IBM, HP, and Exin. Prior to joining VMware, he served other fine organizations (such as Capgemini, HP, and GE) as a solution architect and infrastructure architect.
- Author(s)Farhan Ahmed Nadeem,Prasenjit Sarkar
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.