Implementing and Auditing the Internal Control System by Dimitris N. Chorafas (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $212.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith globalisation, deregulation and the advent of derivatives, credit institutions and the treasury operations of manufacturing, merchandising and service companies are finding that their traditional tools for management control longer suffice. They must develop more efficient processes able to measure and monitor their risks in real-time. Internal control is a dynamic system covering all types of risk, addressing fraud, assuring transparency and making possible reliable financial reporting within such organisations. In Implementing and Auditing the Internal Control System , Dimitris N. Chorafas defines both auditing and internal control, and explains the value of internal control, why it must be audited, and how it can be most effectively achieved. He addresses top management's accountability for internal control, and uses case studies to demonstrate the application of such systems, and the importance of sound and well-informed analysis of the information gathered. Internal control systems are examined within the context of the globalization of financial markets, under the impact of the growth of information techlogy, and from the viewpoint of new regulations by supervisory authorities in Group of Ten countries as well as by the Basle Committee on Banking Supervision. Based on an extensive research project in the UK, US, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland and Sweden, this book is an invaluable source of practical advice for implementing internal control systems, and making existing systems more efficient. It provides managers and professionals with guidelines for the interpretation and use of the resulting internal control intelligence.
- Author BiographyDimitris N. Chorafas served on the faculty of the Catholic University of America and as Visiting Professor at Washington State University, George Washington University, University of Vermont, University of Florida, and Georgia Institute of Technology in the United States, as well as the University of Alberta, Technical University of Karlsruhe, Ecole d'Etudes Industrielles de l'Universite de Geneve, Ecole Polytechnic Federale de Lausanne, Polish Academy of Sciences and Russian Academy of Sciences. More than 8,000 banking, industrial and government executives participated in his seminars in the United States, England, Germany, Italy, other European countries, Asia and Latin America. Chorafas is the author of 160 books, translated into several languages world-wide.
- Author(s)Dimitris N. Chorafas
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/03/2001
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight646 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.