All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionFrom small start-ups to major corporations, companies of all sizes have embraced cloud computing for the scalability, reliability, and cost benefits it can provide. It has even been said that cloud computing may have a greater effect on our lives than the PC and dot-com revolutions combined. Filled with comparative charts and decision trees, Implementing and Developing Cloud Computing Applications explains exactly what it takes to build robust and highly scalable cloud computing applications in any organization. Covering the major commercial offerings available, it provides authoritative guidance through the implementation process. It puts cloud computing into historical context and considers how cloud computing affects project management, budgeting, and lifecycle management in your organization. It also explains how to: * Choose the best combination of platforms, tools, and services * Develop new cloud applications from scratch * Migrate legacy software * Prevent lock-in to a single vendor * Estimate costs and benefits * Address reliability, availability, and security concerns * Use interclouding, Cloud Brokers, and other techniques for safe deployment in public, private, and hybrid clouds * Take advantage of the latest developments, including OpenStack From software and testing tools to best practices and service providers, this book considers the entire cloud application environment. It details the platforms available, tools that facilitate development, as well as the costs involved. Designed for software developers and their managers, this complete resource includes case studies that illustrate the latest cloud computing techlogies, implementation issues, and solutions. It also provides access to a blog to keep you current on the latest developments.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Y. Sarna is a technologist, serial entrepreneur, and author of the popular blogs EyeOnTheCloud.com and GoogleGazer.com. Mr. Sarna is a Certified Systems Professional, a Certified Computer Programmer and Certified Data Processing Auditor. He is the co-author, with George Febish, of PC Magazine Windows Rapid Application Development (published by Ziff-Davis Press) which went into three printings and was translated into several languages; he has also written five other books and more than 120 articles published in professional magazines. His longtime column Paradigm Shift was the most popular feature in Datamation for many years. Mr. Sarna holds several patents in the fields of bar code and kiosk technologies. He has been honored by the Computer Measurement Group, Inc., by IBM, and by Microsoft Corporation, where he was a founding Regional Director of the Microsoft Developers Network. He has lectured widely and has appeared on television many times, including multiple national appearances on the Fox Network, CNN, and MSNBC. Mr. Sarna is the founder and managing director of Hendon, Stamford Hill & Co., Inc. (HSH), strategy consulting (www.hshco.com). He has more than 35 years of experience as a merchant banker, management consultant and as an executive of high-technology companies. Prior to founding HSH, Mr. Sarna served for many years on the Advisory Board of Hudson Venture Partners, a well-known New York venture capitalist.He has served as a board member, director and executive officer of the Ramaz School, and on the Board of Yavneh Academy, both prestigious notfor-profit schools. Mr. Sarna was founder, chairman, chief executive officer, and a director of ObjectSoft Corporation, a publicly traded company which he founded in 1990. In 1988, Mr. Sarna founded Image Business Systems Corporation (IBS), a software company specializing in document image processing; thecompany was founded as a spin-off of International Systems Services Corp. (ISS), which Mr. Sarna co-founded in 1981. IBS developed ImageSystem, the first large-scale client-server software for document image processing; it was marketed by IBM. Warburg Pincus and IBM were major investors in IBS, which went public and was listed on the NASDAQ. At ISS, he architected ISS Three, a computer capacity planning and expert systems tool which ISS successfully marketed and ultimately sold successfully to UCCEL Corp., now part of Computer Associates. ISS itself was successfully sold to a public company. From 1976 to 1981, Mr. Sarna was employed at Price Waterhouse & Co. as a management consultant, beginning as a senior consultant and rising to the position of senior manager. At the start of his career, Mr. Sarna worked for Honeywell, Inc. as a hardware engineer from 1969 to 1970, and for IBM Corp. from 1970 to 1976 in the large systems division of IBM World Trade Corp. in engineering and sales capacities. Mr. Sarna holds a B.A. degree cum laude with honors from Brandeis University and did his graduate work in Computer Science at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Ivan Gelb collaborated with Mr. Sarna on matters related to cloud economics and capacity planning. He is past president and a director of Computer Measurement Group. He is also President of Gelb Information Systems Corporation (GIS), a consulting firm that provides management and technical consulting services in the United States and internationally. His extensive information technology (IT) background includes determination of optimum hardware and software requirements for mainframe and client-server systems; effectiveness evaluation of computer systems and related organizations; data communications systems design and implementation; computer systems end-to-end availability management, performance management and capacity planning; development of software packages; and proprietary measurement data analysis techniques. During his more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Ge
- Author(s)David E. Y. Sarna
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.