All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionImpossible Mourning focuses on disavowed loss and the difficulties of mourning in post-apartheid South Africa. The book transgresses disciplinary bounds to forge new ways of thinking and writing about the crisis of the epidemic and about the post-apartheid condition. It is the first book to focus on visual representation and HIV/AIDS in South Africa. The book is written in an accessible way, combining theoretical insights with moving testimony about facing the ermity of loss in the time of AIDS.
- Author BiographyKylie Thomas teaches in the English Department at the University of Stellenbosch.
- Author(s)Kylie Thomas
- PublisherBucknell University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBucknell University Press
- Content Note40 black & white halftones
- Weight422 g
- Width157 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.