All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of six Nebula and two Hugo awards for her fiction, Connie Willis is acclaimed for her gifted imagination and bold invention. Here are eleven of her finest stories, surprising tales in which the impossible becomes real, the real becomes impossible, and strangeness lurks at every turn. The end of the world comes t with a bang but a series of whimpers over many years in The Last of the Winnebagos. The terror of pain and dying gives birth to a startling truth about the nature of the stars, a principle kwn as the Schwarzschild Radius. In Spice Pogrom, an outrageous colony in outer space becomes the setting for a screwball comedy of bizarre complications, mistaken identities, far-too-friendly aliens--and even true love.
- Author BiographyConnie Willis is a member of the Science Fiction Hall of Fame and a Grand Master of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. She has received seven Nebula awards and eleven Hugo awards for her fiction; Blackout and All Clear--a novel in two parts--and Doomsday Book won both. Her other works include Crosstalk, Passage, Lincoln's Dreams, Bellwether, Impossible Things, Remake, Uncharted Territory, To Say Nothing of the Dog, Fire Watch, and Miracle and Other Christmas Stories. Connie Willis lives with her family in Colorado.
- Author(s)Connie Willis
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Weight227 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.93Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.