Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully wrought modern fairy tale from master storyteller and award-winning author Nancy Werlin Inspired by the classic folk ballad Scarborough Fair, this is a wonderfully riveting vel of suspense, romance, and fantasy. Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that she is the latest recipient of a generations-old family curse that requires her to complete three seemingly impossible tasks or risk falling into madness and passing the curse on to the next generation. Unlike her ancestors, though, Lucy has family, friends, and other modern resources to help her out. But will it be eugh to conquer this age-old evil?
- Author BiographyNancy Werlin writes YA fiction that ranges from realistic fiction to suspense to fantasy, often breaking the boundaries between genres. Her books have gathered awards too numerous to mention, but including National Book award finalist, Edgar award winner and finalist, New York Times bestseller, L.A. Book Prize finalist, and IndieBound Top Ten.Nancy's first novel, Are You Alone on Purpose, was a Publishers Weekly Flying Start pick. Of Nancy's suspense fiction, Sarah Weinman says, Chances are, many of you haven't heard of this author. That would be a shame, because she's simply one of the best crime novelists going right now. Period. These titles are where Nancy habitually breaks genre-separation rules and include The Rules of Survival (a National Book Award finalist), The Killer's Cousin (Edgar award winner), Locked Inside (Edgar award nominee), Black Mirror (which the Washington Post called an edge-of-your seat thriller ), and Double Helix (named to multiple best-of-year book lists). Nancy's unusual fantasy fiction was inspired by the ballad Scarborough Fair and includes the loose trilogy Impossible (a New York Times bestseller), Extraordinary (featuring a rare thing in fantasy fiction: a Jewish heroine), and her personal beloved, Unthinkable. For fun, Nancy also writes and draws a graphic memoir in comics, using her Tumblr to self-publish an episode three times a week. Her favorite book in all the world is Jane Eyre. A graduate of Yale, Nancy lives near Boston, Massachusetts with her husband.
- Author(s)Nancy Werlin
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $14.89
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.62Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.