All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo artistic education is complete without a healthy dose of the Impressionists. Here, fifty of the most important works from the early nineteenth to the turn of twentieth centuries are reproduced in gorgeous colour, including the best of Monet, Degas, van Gogh, Reir, Cezanne, Cassatt, Manet, Seurat, and Pisarro. Each piece is given a brief overview establishing its place in the Impressionist pantheon as well as in its artist's oeuvre. An introductory text explains the Impressionistic style, tracing the movement's development, while an appendix offers biographies of the artists. The result is a veritable seminar on Impressionism, creating a fun and practical art history lesson that everyone can enjoy.
- Author BiographyINES JANET ENGELMANN is an expert in French art, curator, and author. She lives in Leipzig, Germany.
- Author(s)Ines Janet Engelmann
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleYou Should Know
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note145 illustrations, 125 in colour
- Weight549 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.