All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Gallery of Art in Washington possesses nearly 400 French impressionist and post-impressionist paintings-one of the finest collections of its kind in the world. This book celebrates that collection with 50 of the Gallery's best-kwn works, which represent a generous cross section of impressionist and postimpressionist art at its most breathtaking. Reproduced with stunning quality, the full- and double-page illustrations allow readers to savour Van Gogh's vibrant palette, the lushness of Monet's gardens, the texture of Cezanne's still lifes, and the delicate beauty of Reir's women. Works by Gauguin, Seurat, Bazille, and Toulouse-Lautrec display the wide range of styles encompassed by the impressionist and post-impressionist periods. Each masterpiece is accompanied by a brief and informative text, while an essay recounts the challenges and excitement of forming a storied collection. The next best thing to viewing such marvellous art in person, this book offers pleasure on every page.
- Author BiographyKIMBERLY A. JONES is Associate Curator of French paintings at the National Gallery of Art, Washington.
- Author(s)Kimberly A. Jones
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note58 colour
- Weight1098 g
- Width210 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.