All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionIt's t just gymnasts and ballet dancers who need to be flexible. Sports such as rock climbing, Judo, diving and cricket rely on flexibility to be performed well and reduce the risk of injury. This book explains the science behind flexibility, provides exercises and explains the effects diet has on muscle performance. * Test your flexibility and follow professional step-by-step exercises to improve it. * Discover how your muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons work together to enable the body to be flexible. * Understand how to stretch to avoid injury and what the difference is between static, dynamic and assisted stretching. * Read about sportspeople such as Tom Daly, Lynn Hill and Rafael Nadal, whose flexibility has helped them to excel. Combining sports science, nutrition, training programmes and exercises, the Training for Sport series of books is a complete guide to raising performance for children aged 9+.
- Author BiographyPaul's books cover a wide range of subjects, from whether the Romans ate crisps to how to build the world's best skatepark, but he writes mostly about sport. Whether you are interested in swimming or cycling, snowboarding, surfing or another sport, Paul has probably written something that will inspire you to get out and give it a try. Paul writes in a shack by the beach, which he shares with his one-eyed surf dog, Daisy.
- Author(s)Paul Mason
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleTraining for Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note30-35 colour photographs
- Weight160 g
- Width147 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.