Improving Inventory Record Accuracy: Getting Your Stock Information Right by Tony Wild (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecord accuracy has become the focus of attention for many businesses because customers have higher expectations of the right item being delivered on time, and competitive pressures do t allow for extra stockholding. Businesses w have the opportunity to become much more effective given the correct information, the development of better communication and integration of systems. For inventory management, the pressure for most companies is to become more efficient and hold less inventory. The accuracy of data has gradually been emerging in importance. The systems only work if the data is correct and with the introduction of integrated data, there are wide ranging repercussions for businesses that draw conclusions and make decisions based on inaccurate records. Where there is a lot of data, there is the opportunity for many and large errors. This is often the case with inventory: many items, large varieties of different items, and fast changing inventory. Measuring how much there is becomes a challenge in many businesses such as consumer retailing and manufacturing processes where inventory changes so rapidly. With large warehouses there is also the risk of inaccurate recording so that items are t there or t in the right place. Improving Inventory Record Accuracy initially discusses how to quantify the problem, set sensible targets for improvement and how to make the case for doing something to improve accuracy. The book then discusses why inventory records do go wrong and how to rectify the major causes of error. Finally the book illustrates the techniques with which everyone can make their records very accurate. This is a practical book that solves a practical problem and shows the ways to improve record accuracy. Tony Wild has amassed many techniques over the years, has tried them out in practice and he presents them here in an accessible style for professional managers in logistics and stock control, retail/wholesale distribution. The book is also intended for use by students on Institute of Operations Management Certificate, DPIM, CPIM and DLM courses.
- Author BiographyTony Wild has spend a great deal of time solving real inventory issues for businesses in a variety of industries from aerospace to retail consumables, automotive to process chemicals. The result of this work has led Tony to produce and refine this book so that others can avoid some of the pitfalls. From an academic start (B.Sc, M.Sc. Ph D), and a manufacturing and warehousing career in production control and materials management, Tony has specialised in this challenging field. He is Managing Director of Midas Consultants, who are leading experts in inventory management.
- Author(s)Tony Wild
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2004
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.