Improving Organizational Effectiveness Through Transformational Leadership by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $92.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can managers bring about optimum performance from the individuals in their organizations? What leadership techniques produce the most effective organizations? This book examines the theory and practice of the dynamic and invative style of transformational leadership. The transformational leader encourages followers by acting as a role model, motivating through inspiration, stimulating intellectually, and giving individualized consideration to their needs and goals. Chapters explore how transformational leadership affects important issues in today's organizations such as delegation, teamwork, decision making, total quality management and corporate reorganization.
- Author BiographyBruce J. Avolio Marion B. Ingersoll Professor, Executive Director, Center for Leadership and Strategic Thinking Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington Dr. Avolio has an international reputation as a researcher and practitioner in leadership. He has consulted with public and private organizations in North and South America, Africa, Europe, and Southeast Asia, as well as in Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia and Israel. His research and consulting includes work with the militaries of the United States of America, Singapore, Sweden, Finland, Israel, and South Africa. Dr. Avolio is a fellow of the Academy of Management, American Psychological Society, American Psychological Association and the Gerontological Society. He is the former President of the Society for Human Resource Management Foundation and the Organizational Behavior Division of the Academy of Management. Dr. Avolio has published 10 books and over a 125 articles on leadership and related areas. His books include Transformational and Charismatic Leadership: The Road Ahead (Elsevier Science, 2002), Full Leadership Development: Building the Vital Forces in Organizations (Sage Publications, 1999), and Developing Potential Across a Full Range of Leadership: Cases on Transactional and Transformational Leadership (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2000). His newest books are Leadership Development in Balance: Made/Born (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, February 2005), The High Impact Leader: Moments Matter in Authentic Leadership Development (McGraw-Hill 2006) and Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge (Oxford Press, 2007) with Fred Luthans and Carolyn Youssef. Dr. Avolio has worked with government agencies on national leadership development projects, and with governments at the state and local level. His current projects include: * Working with public healthcare leaders to design a leadership institute for healthcare providers and educators.* Working on a 4 year project with the U.S. Veteran's Administration on strategic leadership development and ownership.* Current projects include a 300k contract with the U.S. Military Academy at West Point to investigate ethical leadership development; a 730k contract to conduct a longitudinal investigation of leadership development with military officers, and a 186k contract with the VA to examine how taking ownership and developing leadership produce better healthcare results. Dr. Avolio's latest interest and presentations focus on the following: *How do we accelerate authentic leadership development for maximum impact on performance?*How do we use the positive psychological capacities of leaders to accelerate change?*How do we show decision makers the 'return on development' investment in leadership?*How can we develop leaders and leadership to effectively operate in extreme contexts?
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/1993
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight375 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBernard M. Bass,Bruce J. Avolio
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.