All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its direct effect on a patient's health, the literature on treatment adherence does t yet include a summary of proven methods for identifying and addressing patient n-adherence. Improving Patient Treatment Adherence Across Multiple Behaviors: A Clinician's Guide differs significantly from many treatment adherence books on the market by focusing on clinicians and the practical tactics they need to improve patient adherence. The book is orgnaized by behavior and special issues as opposed to other texts, which look at treatment adherence as a theoretical concept. Each chapter provides a summary of existing literature regarding the impact of patient n-adherence, including costs, clinical outcomes and health-related quality of life, as well as a review of patient factors related to treatment adherence across behaviors, diseases, and special populations. A discussion of methods for improving treatment adherence takes a look at both proven methods and new techlogical advances in the field. Each chapter includes a table listing 3-5 key bullets that a clinician could use to address treatment adherence. Actual questions and scoring algorithms for widely used measures of treatment adherence make this book a useful guide for practicing clinicans.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/06/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight367 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHayden B. Bosworth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2010
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.