All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book stems from the authors' shared passion for primary mathematics teaching and offers an exploration of contemporary issues facing teachers. Drawing on research and case studies from practice, the book explores a wide range of concepts as starting points for professional reflection and personal development to improve teaching and learning in primary mathematics. Topics covered include: Using children's mathematical misconceptions to support teaching and learning The role of talk in developing mathematical understanding Evidence-based teaching and learning Making mathematics real and purposeful beyond the classroom The role of games in teaching and learning mathematics ICT and mathematicsThe book illustrates the ways in which professional development that is rooted in practitioner inquiry and research enables teachers to advance their practice, resulting in improved outcomes for their pupils. Improving Primary Mathematics Teaching and Learning is appropriate for teachers undertaking professional development programmes (e.g. MaST, MA programmes), trainee teachers and staff on those programmes, both local authority and independent. Contributors: Mike Askew, Sue Bailey, Elizabeth Carruthers, Victoria Grinyer, Alice Hansen, Lynne McClure, Effie Maclellan, Suzan Nelson, Carol Rushworth-Little, Steve Sherer, Ian Thompson, Vivien Townsend, Maulfry Worthington.
- Author BiographyMary McAteer is Director for the Mathematics Specialist Teacher (MaST) programme at Edge Hill University, UK, having previously worked for over 30 years as a school teacher and primary maths, science and technology consultant.
- Author(s)Mary McAteer
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.