Improving Reading Skills Across the Content Areas: Ready-to-Use Activities and Assessments for Grades 6-12 by Rebecca J. Gault (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-have, must-read resource for every teacher in all subject areas! In today's competitive environment of standards-based education, improving reading proficiency and increasing content kwledge have never been more important. Yet, developing exceptional reading skills in middle and high school students presents many obstacles. In this practical and user-friendly book, literacy specialist Rebecca Rozmiarek shares more than 100 classroom-tested reading activities that will benefit all students all secondary school students, including gifted and special education students, and students with English as an additional language. Incorporating years of success in helping struggling secondary students become expert readers, she provides both a jargon-free overview of critical research and activities that every teacher can use to improve reading comprehension and content retention. Student examples and sample modifications show teachers how reading activities can be used in content areas ranging from math and science to social studies and English, and more.Each chapter contains: o A skills overview o Detailed descriptions of relevant subskills o Skill-building activities o An assessment rubric o Examples of student work o Blank reproducibles of every activity Learn how to use double-entry journals, text coding, bookmarking, and questioning strategies to help students become more proficient readers. These activities foster independence, self-reflection, and motivation in all students.
- Author BiographyRebecca Rozmiarek is an author, national presenter, and master classroom teacher who has worked with both students and teachers across the curriculum in grades 6-12. As a Literacy Specialist, she works with teachers at Bel Air Middle School in Harford County Public Schools, Maryland to develop and implement effective reading strategies across the curriculum. In addition, she teaches struggling learners how to use strategies to acquire text information.
- Author(s)Rebecca J. Gault
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.