Improving Students' Web Use and Information Literacy: A Guide for Teachers and Teacher Librarians by James E. Herring (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe web is w an integral part of students' lives in school and in society, and they need to be ever more web alert in order to gain the most from their education. What teachers and teacher librarians badly need to help them achieve this is a professional tool that combines kwledge and use of the web, Web 2.0 tools and information literacy for schools. This book fulfils that need by providing a practical guide to using the web effectively in order to enhance learning and teaching in schools. It does this by focusing on the kwledge and skills needed by teachers and teacher librarians to be information literate web users and to develop these abilities in their students. It then focuses on using Web 2.0 tools to create learning resources for students which will develop them as reflective web learners as well as web users. Key areas covered include: * learning and teaching in today's schools * finding and using information on the web * evaluating websites * Web 2.0 and schools * information literacy * improving student use of the web * developing learning websites for student use * the next phase of ICT in schools. Set in a context of theory, this guide offers many examples of best practice in schools from a range of countries. Packed full with ideas which teachers and teacher librarians can use in their own schools, it is unique in providing a guide to the creation of learning websites, which combine subject learning, mediated resources for students, information literacy guidance (including effective web use), and student assignments. Readership: This much-needed book is a vital resource for teachers and teacher librarians, as well as being of strategic interest to school principals. It should be on the reading lists of all trainee teachers and librarians.
- Author BiographyJames E Herring PhD MA(Lib) MA(Hons) is a Lecturer in Teacher Librarianship at the School of Information Studies, Charles Sturt University, Australia who teaches from his home in Scotland for most of the year. He is an internationally acclaimed authority on information literacy and ICT in schools.
- Author(s)James E. Herring
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content Noteill
- Weight200 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.